Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lesson #16 'It's Fun to be a Goofball"

Not a ton to write about these days- just that in general, my son is a giant goofball!  Apparently it is a term I use frequently.  Just the other night, I was babysitting my gorgeous nephews, Dominic and Benjamin, and I looked at Dom and said, "You're a goofball."

He got very quiet, came up and sat in my lap on the futon and whispered, "No, you're a goofball."  Then he giggled hysterically. 

"No, Dominic, you're a goofball." I would say to him in a whisper (apparently it is funnier when you say it that way).

"No, Annie, you're a goofball," he responded.  This went on for a full 5 minutes until I realized it was past their bedtime.  As I turned off the light later that night, I said, "Goodnight sweethearts."

Dominic replied, "Goodnight goofball."

Okay, so maybe I overuse the word, but in terms of my son, there is no other way to describe him some days.  Cases in point...

At Vivienne Scarlett Lillian Lukas' 2nd birthday party the other day, Liam was far more interested in making everyone laugh than he was in the bubble machine outside.  My favorite is the 3rd one where he is demonstrating his dance moves.




Ryan and I took him to the Plaza Art Fair, and he was an angel, even feigning interest in the art work with his Daddy.



But then the comic came out and he decided that he wanted to show us his "hippy" side- a real "tree hugger"!


I think a lot of it is for attention (shocker) and more specifically, the attention of the ladies.  Just the other day, Becky said that while he should have gone to sleep while in Babies R Us and instead he spent the whole time flirting with the various women he would encounter.  Didn't sleep until alone in the back seat on the way home, exhausted from all of the flirting I assume.  It must be those baby blues.


Mimi brought him to school the other day, which I loved.  And he was hysterical!  He flirted with the girls in my class (like Skylar below), but even got the angst-ridden boys to laugh with him.




Liam's silliness has seeped into his picture taking as well.  He has stopped really smiling for the camera.  Instead, every time he see one, he just opens his mouth and makes a funny face.



I don't know where he gets it.


Life is just better when you are a goofball, right Liam?  Lesson well learned.

1 comment:

Shannon M. said...

Being a goofball makes parenting much easier! And my goofballs love your little goofball. Great pics...he looks like Ryan's baby pictures, I think.